Photo Credit: roaming-the-planet
2733 Heather St, Vancouver BC
The Heather Pavilion was originally known as the Fairview Building. When it was constructed in 1906 it was a very prominent granite structure in the landscape dominated by its four stone towers. Immediately following, in 1908, two complementary L-shaped wings of similar style were added to the southeast and southwest corners. Many portions of the original building are now hidden by subsequent additions.
The 1906 and 1908 structures were designed by Grant and Henderson Architects in the Italianate Style and planned in accordance with the Beaux Art school of design. G.W. Grant was the first resident architect of the City of Vancouver.
Heather Pavilion has been in continuous use as a hospital since 1906 and is the oldest remaining building in the Vancouver General Hospital complex.
City of Vancouver, VGH Nursing School Alumnae website