Photo Credit: Stephanie Warner
1045 PACIFIC St, Vancouver BC
G.W. Chandler built this Edwardian house in 1905. Along with the other eight Edwardian houses in this row, this house was saved from demolition in 1983-1985 with the completion of rear yard infill, and is now part of the Pacific Heights Housing Co-operative developed by architect Roger Hughes. The houses were moved forward and regrouped as four pairs, and converted into duplexes. The original and listed address is 1045, and the current address is 1045 & 1047 (duplex). The houses have been painted with authentic colours under the Vancouver Heritage Foundation’s True Colours Program, and represent a traditional streetscape of heritage homes.
City of Vancouver Heritage Plaque, Vancouver City Directories, Exploring Vancouver The Architectural Guide by Harold Kalman & Robin Ward