Heritage Site Finder


Heritage Site Finder

An interactive map of buildings and sites on the Vancouver Heritage Register.

1105 Park Dr

Photo Credit: Anjela Godber


1105 Park Dr, Vancouver BC








This Early Cottage house was built around 1912. Historical building permits indicate that the house was repaired in 1916 by James E. McIlmoyle for a widow named Mrs. Jane G. Rose, who owned the house up until 1926. In 1927, the house changed hands to William F. Fraser, a clerk with the Canadian Pacific Railway. William W. Fraser, an apprentice for Bowman and Cullerne, was also listed as a resident. Bowman and Cullerne was an architectural partnership between Joseph Henry Bowman and Harold Cullerne. By 1955, the house had changed hands again to Robert and Isabelle McKean.

Hidden by trees, the house is partially visible from the path in the front or from the side entrance on Osler Street. The house is an example of the Early Cottage style with its porch, clapboard siding, columns, and dormer. The paint colours as of 2020 are blue, red, and white; making the house stand out from the trees around it.

The street the house is on used to be called Buckberry Drive after a man named Ed Buckberry and was renamed Park Drive in 1914. Only a block away sits another heritage house, at 1245 Park Dr. The Marpole neighbourhood has many other heritage buildings including Lloyd George School, Colbourne House and Abbeyfield House. This house is one of the only houses to appear on the historical maps from 1912 in the immediate area.


British Columbia City Directories 1860-1955, VanMap, Heritage Vancouver Building Permits Database, VHF’s House Style Webtool, Elizabeth Walker: Street Names of Vancouver, Biographical Dictionary of Architects in Canada 1800-1950