Photo Credit: Olivia Golden
1626 Laurier Ave, Vancouver BC
The three-storey Georgian Revival main house was built in 1913, with a garage added in 1925 by the owner, Edwin A. James. The home underwent a full renovation around 2018, retaining the design of the original home including the shed dormer and front portico.
Other residents of the house included E.W. Greer in the 1940s and G.V. Pearce in the 1950s.
Laurier Avenue was named after Sir Wilfrid Laurier (1841-1919), who served as prime minister of Canada from 1886-1911.