Photo Credit: Brian Kipp
2425 Brunswick St, Vancouver BC
348 E 8th Ave
G. W. Ledingham House is a 2 ½ storey Queen Anne Revival style house believed to have been built in the last few years of the nineteenth century for contractor Peter G. Fenton, making it one of the oldest houses in Mount Pleasant. In 1903, the house was sold to George Ledingham, a contractor as well, and he, his wife Helen, and their family lived in the house into the 1950s.
In 1910 and 1911, Ledingham was given permits for a frame addition to the house, and a framed stable, which became a four bay garage. In the 1980s, 2425 Brunswick St. was refurbished and converted into multi-unit residential, and a modern addition to the west and north of the house was added in 1987. Based on Archival Images from 1978 and 1985, it appears to have housed a public school.
First United Church Housing Society now operates the building, which has 33 housing units. 2425 Brunswick St features a corner turret, typical of Queen Anne Revival style, with three small dormers, and a two storey bay windows. Other Queen Anne Revival features include the pediments above the entrances, porches with round columns and balustrades, as well as the combination of narrow lap siding and fish scale siding on the turret and projecting bays.
The original address for the building was 348 East 8th Avenue.
Historic Vancouver Permit Database, 1985 Vancouver Heritage Register, Kluckner, Sarah Delaney