Photo Credit: Robert Henrickson
2550 CAMOSUN St, Vancouver BC
Established in 1927 after Our Lady of Perpetual Help parish was built in 1925. The first building, which still stands at the centre of our present complex, was built through the generosity of an early parishioner, Mrs. Lily Lefebvre and the vision of the first pastor, Father Fred Coghlan, C.Ss.R.
For over fifty years the school has been under the leadership of the Sisters of Charity of Halifax. Several additions were built from the 1940’s to 50’s, and the main school underwent major renovation in 2005 after a fire. The building site was obtained through auctioned Crown Land.
D. Franklin. “Early School Architecture in British Columbia”. (1980), Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church website