Photo Credit: Rob Howatson
26 SW Marine Dr, Vancouver BC
The Chrysler Building is a Art Moderne/International style former industrial warehouse and office complex dating from 1955-1956. The architect was William R. Souter and Associates, Architects of Hamilton, Ontario, with associated architects McCarter Nairne & Partners of Vancouver.
The building was formerly the Chrysler Canada Parts Distribution Centre. The building represents one of the last phases of the Fraser River’s transition from forest to farmland to industrial use by the mid twentieth century. The building has now been incorporated into a retail centre (Sport Check, Marshall’s etc), indicating another transformation of the Marine Drive area into more retail focus.
Canada's Historic Places