Heritage Site Finder

Menu

Heritage Site Finder

An interactive map of buildings and sites on the Vancouver Heritage Register.

3016 St. Catherines St

Photo Credit: Brigitte Mueller

Address

3016 St. Catherines St, Vancouver BC

Neighbourhood

Mount Pleasant

Type

Residential

Significance

C

Description

The house at 3016 St. Catherines St. was first listed in 1910 and had multiple owners over the years. Its initial occupant was John Anderson, a chief clerk.

In 1915 the house was owned by William G Warn who worked at the British Columbia Electric (BCE). The BCE was a historic railway which ran from 1890 to 1958 and operated in southwestern British Columbia and was granted a patent for the invention of a signalling device for motor vehicles.

The one storey Pioneer-style house features drop siding cladding, a side-gabled roof, and a dormer window

Source

Heritage Vancouver Building Permits Database, VPL British Columbia City Directories 1860-1955