Photo Credit: Steve Hodder
3522 W 1st Ave, Vancouver, BC
Built in 1911 by T.C. Micklethwaite and designed by Gamble & Knapp, the house at 3522 West 1st Avenue was originally owned by G.C. McGowan.
Gamble &? Knapp was the partnership of John T. Gamble and Jacob H. Knapp as architects and engineers from 1910-1912. Their most important work in Vancouver was the designed of ‘The Hollies’, a substantial mansion for G.E. MacDonald executed in an American Colonial revival style.
Biographical Dictionary of Architects in Canada, Historical Vancouver Building Permits, Don Luxton: 'Building the West'