Photo Credit: Bob Hare
720 Jervis St, Vancouver BC
Despite later alterations and an overall coat of stucco, the form of this imposing 1900 house remains intact. It features a large stained glass window in the entry hall, thought to be by Henry Bloomfield.
The house is named for Henry Braithewaite Abbott. Abbott was of great Importance to early Vancouver; he was the first General Superintendent of the Pacific Division of the C.P.R.
This house was a major part of the city’s social scene, and is the last remaining survivor of the grand stretch of mansions known as “Blueblood Alley”.
Vancouver Heritage Inventory 1986 Summary Report Phase II