Photo Credit: Christine Leviczky Riek
879 E Georgia St, Vancouver BC
These two houses (877-879 E Georgia) sharing one lot are an excellent example of historic infill housing and a common development pattern in Strathcona around the turn of the last century. The houses were likely built by the Vancouver Improvement Co before 1892.
The Riddick family bought the lot in 1899 and owned the lot for 31 years. The front structure was connected to the city water line in 1899. By 2006, both buildings were seriously neglected and damaged. The owners from 2006 until 2010 replicated and reinstalled the few surviving pieces of original trim, baseboards and stair spindles throughout the houses.
The houses were a stop on VHF’s 2008 Heritage House Tour.
VHF Heritage House Tour Brochure 2008